You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Top Stories

Ex-Duterte spokesperson Harry Roque files COC for Senate

GMA News Online logo GMA News Online 10/17/2018 Galarpe, Karen
Ex-Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, Jr. files candidacy for the Senate in 2019 polls. He is with his wife, Myla © Llanesca T. Panti Ex-Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, Jr. files candidacy for the Senate in 2019 polls. He is with his wife, Myla

Former Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, Jr. on Wednesday filed his certificate of candidacy for senator in the 2019 polls even after President Rodrigo Duterte told the public that he will lose in the elections.

Roque said two weeks ago that he already had a shoot for his campaign advertisement for his 2019 Senate bid despite the recent developments regarding the President's schedule.

He was left uninformed of Duterte's whereabouts, particularly his hospital appointment and trip to Hong Kong.

Roque said he has already paid for his campaign advertisement a month ago, and that Duterte's comments about him surely losing in the 2019 elections because soldiers “don’t like” him was a major deviation from their plan.

"Papakita po natin na maninilbihan po tayo nang tapat sa taumbayan," Roque told reporters.

Since then, Roque has been replaced by Salvador Panelo even if Roque has yet to tender his resignation from his post.

Roque was a former human rights lawyer, international law professor and a representative of Kabayan party-list before he was appointed as presidential spokesperson in October 2017. —KG, GMA News

More From GMA News Online

GMA News Online
GMA News Online
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon