You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Lighter removed from man's stomach after 20 yrs

A doctor has removed a lighter from a man's stomach that he accidentally swallowed 20 years ago. The video, captured in Chengdu City in southern China's Sichuan Province on April 12, shows a nine-centimetre-long plastic lighter stuck inside a man's stomach. It took two surgeries to remove the lighter, described by local media as "big and slippery." In the second operation, the lighter was removed successfully in ten minutes. According to local media, the man swallowed the lighter by mistake 20 years ago and had no abnormal symptoms. As a result, he did not go to a hospital until he started to have a stomach ache for a long time as well as bloody stools.
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon