You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Empty Bags Can Be Deadly for Dogs

YouTube is filled with videos of dogs getting snack bags stuck on their heads, but they're no laughing matter. Joe and Breanne Yarbrough told KTLA they came home to find their 1-year-old dog Riggs with a chip bag covering his face. They immediately rushed him to the vet, but it was too late. Riggs had been dead for hours, having suffocated with his snout in the bag. It turns out that two to three pets in the U.S. die every week from suffocation, and most pet owners aren't aware of the risk.
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon