You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Florida man accused in plot to bomb Target stores

Associated Press logoAssociated Press 4 days ago

UP NEXT
UP NEXT
OCALA, Fla. — A Florida man is accused in a plot to blow up several Target stores along the East Coast in an attempt to acquire cheap stock in the company if the stock value plunged after the explosions.

The U.S Attorney's Office in the middle district of Florida said in a news release on Thursday that Mark Charles Barnett, 48, is charged with possession of a firearm affecting commerce by a previously convicted felon. Barnett is a registered sex offender in Florida.

Barnett faces up to 10 years in prison. Jail records don't say whether he's hired a lawyer.

An affidavit says Barnett offered to pay another man $10,000 to place at least 10 "improvised explosive bombs" disguised in food-item packaging in stores from New York to Florida. The man went to authorities.

AdChoices
AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon