You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Conor McGregor went in for a handshake before smashing phone, fan says

Yahoo! Sports logo Yahoo! Sports 3/13/2019 Cassandra Negley
Conor McGregor standing in front of a car: Conor McGregor allegedly smashed a fan's phone after heading in for what looked like a handshake. (Photo by Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images) © Provided by Oath Inc. Conor McGregor allegedly smashed a fan's phone after heading in for what looked like a handshake. (Photo by Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

The fan who is alleging Conor McGregor stole and smashed his phone reportedly believed the UFC star was going in for a handshake when the alleged event at Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach occurred.

McGregor was arrested on charges of felony strong-armed robbery and misdemeanor criminal mischief, which police said is based on surveillance video of the alleged incident.

Fan said McGregor came in for handshake

In a video posted by TMZ Sports, Ahmed Abdirzk said he was at the club filled with “A-list celebs” and at the end of the night he saw McGregor arrive while Abdirzk waited at the valet station for his vehicle.

Abdirzk said he took out his phone when he saw McGregor and the former lightweight champion approached them.

“He came to shake my hand and as soon as he comes to shake my hand he pulls me in and grabs my phone and starts smashing it,” Abdirzk said on the video. “And all these security guards literally surround me, pushing me out of the way. And he literally stomped on it.”

Abdirzk said McGregor told him “Get the f— out of my face. Move,” and security told him to “do what Conor says” when he asked for the phone back. He said McGregor pocketed it, got in his vehicle and left. The hotel manager told him he would sort it out.

Abdirzk, who valued the phone at $1,000 in the police report, said it was more about what was on the phone that hurts him.

“I've got pictures of my son that I didn't even save on my iCloud that I'm gonna lose," Abdirzak said. "That's really what pissed me off the most. I've got pictures of my son that I'm never gonna get again."

McGregor finds himself in trouble again

McGregor, 30, was booked at Miami-Dade County jail and released on a $12,500 bond Tuesday. He later posted a photo to Instagram with a caption referencing the need to work on patience.

He was arrested in April 2018 for throwing a guardrail, dolly and chairs at a bus during a UFC media event at the Barclays Center in New York. He made a deal and pleaded guilty to one count of disorderly conduct with a sentence of community service and anger management classes.

He reportedly finished community service for that incident last week.

UP NEXT
UP NEXT
Video by CBS Miami

More from Yahoo Sports:

AdChoices
AdChoices

More From Yahoo! Sports

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon