You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Contestant DeMario Jackson Breaks Silence: ‘My Character Has Been Assassinated’

Variety logo Variety 6/14/2017 Elizabeth Wagmeister
© Provided by Variety

Hours after “Bachelor in Paradise” contestant Corinne Olympios hired a top attorney and power publicist to take on her case, her co-star DeMario Jackson has also broken his silence. Jackson also claims he will be pursuing legal action.

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” Jackson said in a statement to E! News. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”

By breaking his silence, Jackson officially confirms for the first time that he is the male contestant in question who was involved in a situation of “alleged misconduct” that caused production to be shut down on “Bachelor in Paradise” this past week, as Warner Bros. Television began a formal investigation into the incident. Prior to Jackson speaking out, neither Warner Bros. TV nor ABC had confirmed the names of the two contestants, so Variety had opted not to refer to the contestants by name in any of our reports.

Jackson and Olympios were allegedly involved in a highly sexual situation under the influence of alcohol, while “Bachelor in Paradise” cameras were still rolling. TMZ reported that Olympios did not consent to sexual contact with Jackson.

Earlier today, Olympios released a statement, claiming that she is a “victim” and doesn’t recall the events that occurred on the set of “Bachelor in Paradise,” which was filming its fourth season in Mexico.

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4,” Olympios said in a statement, released to Variety. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”

This past Sunday, Warner Bros. TV announced production had been shut down. Since then, the studio has not offered further details on the matter. Likewise, ABC has declined to comment on the status of the series, though Variety reported that the show likely won’t return for Season 4 this summer.

Subscribe to Variety Newsletters and Email Alerts!

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from Variety

AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon