You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Cory Monteith died of heroin, alcohol overdose, autopsy results confirm

By Us Weekly Slide 1 of 18

Cory Monteith, 31, died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose, the British Columbia Coroners Service confirmed Tuesday, July 16 in a statement. Found dead at his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room this past Saturday, the "Glee" actor "died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the press release reveals, citing an autopsy and toxicological testing.PHOTOS: Stars we've lost in 2013"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident," the report continues. "Mr. Monteith's family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death. On behalf of family members, the B.C. Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time."PHOTOS: Cory and Lea's romanceThe Canadian-born actor was found just past noon inside his room at the Fairmount Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver on Saturday July 13.Noting that the investigation is "continuing," the B.C. Coroners Service offers "its sincere condolences to Mr. Monteith's family and friends."PHOTOS: 'Glee' stars yearbook picsThe FOX star, who had been frank about his past substance abuse struggles, completed a rehab program this past April, and celebrated his 31st birthday back in May with his girlfriend, Lea Michele. Keep clicking to see photos of the actor...
© Microsoft
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon