You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Police Confirm UCSB Shooter as Elliot Rodger, 3 Bodies Found Dead in Shooter's Home

6/17/2014

By Jethro Nededog
TheWrap

Police officially confirmed that Elliot Rodger was the shooter in a spree that left seven dead, including the gunman, and six injured on Friday night in the UCSB campus town of Isla Vista during a press conference on Saturday evening.

Santa Barbara Sheriff-Coroner Bill Brown addressed the "mass murder" in its second conference on the shooting. He revealed that there were 10 locations with some locations including multiple crime scenes.

Firstly, Elliot killed three men at his residence on Seville Road. The men were stabbed to death with sharp objects. He then killed two women in front of the Alpha Phi sorority and a man at a local delicatessen. At least three of the victims were students of the University of California at Santa Barbara.

See video:  UCSB Victim's Father Denounces NRA, Guns, Politicians After Latest Shooting Rampage

After exchanging fire with officers, the suspect was seen accelerating his speed and crashing into several parked cars. Police discovered the gunman dead with a gunshot to the head that the sheriff said appear to be self-inflicted.

Over the remaining nine locations, Elliot killed six people and injured 13. Police found three semiautomatic guns in the suspect's car. All the weapons were legally purchased and registered to the suspect.

Police say they had been in contact with the gunman three times. The first in July 2013 at a hospital where he was being treated for injuries from an assault, according to Elliot. It was discovered that he was the aggressor. The second time was in January 2014, in which Rodger accused one of his roommates for stealing three candles at $22 each. The roommate was charged with petty theft.

Also read:  UCSB Shooter Confirmed as 'Hunger Games' Asst. Director's Son, Family Warned Police

And as previously reported, the deputies contacted Elliot in April 2014, Eat his residence by request of a family member. He downplayed concerns for his welfare and deputies "cleared the call."

Brown said the investigation is continuing.

Rodger, the son of Hollywood director and photographer Peter Rodger, had posted numerous videos on YouTube in which he revealed his anger toward women who weren't attracted to him.

Elliot posted a video hours before the shootings titled "Elliot Rodger's Retribution" in which he threatens violence for being rejected by others. He was a student at Santa Barbara City College.

Also read:  Alleged UCSB Shooter Elliot Rodger Posted Several Disturbing Videos: Watch

In another video, he said, "Girls are not sexually attracted to me. That's a major problem… I will not let this fly. It's an injustice that needs to be dealt with."

Additionally, a 140-page manifesto was delivered to a local news station, which was written by Elliot and titled "My Twisted World." That is currently being investigated by authorities.

The shootings began at 9:27 p.m. on Friday night in Isla Vista, an area near the campus of University of California, Santa Barbara. After a couple rounds of shooting from his black BMW, police exchanged fire with the shooter before he crashed into a parked vehicle. Police discovered the shooter dead and a semiautomatic handgun in the car.

The post Police Confirm UCSB Shooter as Elliot Rodger, 3 Bodies Found Dead in Shooter's Home appeared first on TheWrap.

Related stories from TheWrap:

UCSB Victim's Father Denounces NRA, Guns, Politicians After Latest Shooting Rampage (Video)

UCSB Shooter Confirmed as 'Hunger Games' Asst. Director's Son, Family Warned Police

Alleged UCSB Shooter Elliot Rodger Posted Several Disturbing Videos: Watch

AdChoices
AdChoices
AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon