You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Police question man over missing ex-reality show contestant

Associated Press logo Associated Press 12/20/2016

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police on Tuesday detained a man for questioning in the disappearance of a former reality TV show contestant who vanished over the weekend after leaving a Torrance, California, bar.

The man's identity wasn't immediately released, and there was no word on whether he would be arrested.

Police media representatives also couldn't confirm family reports that the Lennox, California, man was an acquaintance and student of Lisa Marie Naegle, who was a losing contestant on the show "Bridalplasty" in 2010. She competed for a dream wedding and plastic surgery.

Naegle, 36, of the San Pedro, California, area, is now a registered nurse who teaches classes at West Los Angeles College, according to the Daily Breeze of Torrance (

Naegle had gone to a birthday party with the man on Saturday night at Alpine Village in Torrance.

Naegle's husband, Derek Harryman, said that he texted her around 2 a.m. Sunday to see where she was.

"Within a minute or two, she called me," Harryman told the Daily Breeze ( "She sounded really, really drunk. She said, 'I'm going to get some food and then I'll be home.' "

She never arrived and didn't show up to teach.

Harryman and Naegle's sister filed a missing person's report on Sunday evening and went onto social media to ask for help in finding her.

On Monday night, a friend who worked at Alpine Village offered to let them view surveillance video to see whether they could spot Naegle, the paper said. The video showed her getting into a sport utility vehicle with her student, the family said.

"We went and we looked at the film and she left with him," her brother, Rafael Chavez, told the Daily Breeze. "He told everybody he left without her."

The man then altered his story to say that she had gotten into his car but then had gotten out moments later, the family said.

Family members said they called police, who detained the man.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon