You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

High levels of carbon monoxide detected in SE apartment building, residents evacuated

WUSA-TV Washington, D.C. logo WUSA-TV Washington, D.C. 5 days ago Madisson Haynes
UP NEXT
UP NEXT

WASHINGTON -- Residents of two Southeast D.C. apartment buildings on T St. were evacuated around 4:30 a.m. Thursday after dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

Officials said the cause of the high levels of carbon monoxide was an acetylene torch, a tool used for welding, found in the basement.

There were no injuries, but two people reported they weren't feeling well, officials said.

Side effects of carbon monoxide is headaches, nausea and drowsiness.

The ventilation process is over, and residents have since been given the OK to enter the building.

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from WUSA-TV

WUSA-TV Washington, D.C.
WUSA-TV Washington, D.C.
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon