You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Second man charged with murder of 19-year-old Ahmed Beker

Evening Standard logo Evening Standard 18/06/2021 Leah Sinclair
a man looking at the camera: ahmedbeker.jpg © Met ahmedbeker.jpg

A second man has been charged with the murder of Ahmed Beker in Paddington.

Omar Ahmed,19 was arrested on June 17 and will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Friday, June 18.

Previously, Jaden Forde, 18, appeared in custody at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, April 29. He has also been charged with murder.

A investigation was launched following the fatal stabbing of Mr Beker in Paddington Green, at 9.13pm on Friday, February 26.

Mr Beker’s family, who lived nearby, said they turned up at the scene to find paramedics working on him.

Paramedics fought in vain for 45 minutes trying to save the young man’s life before he was pronounced dead.

Mr Beker’s family revealed he was killed on the same stretch of road as his cousin Josiph Beker in 2019.

In September 2019, police were called to the Edgware Road KFC, near the junction of Church Street.

Josiph was found suffering stab injuries. He was taken to hospital but died of his injuries five hours later.

A post-mortem found he died from a stab wound to the chest.

In an interview with My London earlier this year, James Beker - Ahmed’s uncle and Josiph’s dad - said: "I’m so shocked and devastated. It’s hurting me. It reminds me what happened. It’s the same thing again.

"My brother is devastated. I’m scared for him. He can’t get this. He doesn’t understand what’s happened. He won’t believe it."

Enquiries into the circumstances by homicide detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime remain ongoing.

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from Evening Standard

Evening Standard
Evening Standard
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon