You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Trial of Duchess of Sussex’s privacy claim against Mail on Sunday postponed

The latest hearing in the Duchess of Sussex’s High Court privacy action against the Mail On Sunday over the publication of a letter to her estranged father has begun following technical difficulties. Mr Justice Warby told the court that, earlier on Thursday morning, he had conducted a private hearing from which the press and public were excluded. The judge said he had considered an application by Meghan’s lawyers to adjourn the trial of her case against Associated Newspapers from January until “much later next year”. He added that the “primary basis” for the adjournment was “a confidential ground”. Granting the application to adjourn the trial, Mr Justice Warby said: “The right decision in all the circumstances is to grant the application to adjourn. “That means that the trial date of January 11 2021 will be vacated and the trial will be refixed for a new date in the autumn.”

Latest

Editor's Picks

World

Featured Partners

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon