You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

How a mirror, bottle or vase could spell disaster if you leave it in the wrong place

Daily Post 30/04/2021 Steve Bagnall

Fire chiefs have urged people to be careful where they place glass objects after a mirror almost caused a house blaze.

A resident in Llandudno smelt smoke and spotted a smouldering window frame, which was due to a mirror left on a sill magnifying the sun.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service (NWFRS) chiefs shared a photo sent by the person to serve as a warning.

A statement from the service said: "Did you know mirrors or glass objects like bottles, vases or fish bowls left in direct sunlight can cause a fire?

"A resident from Llandudno sent in this photo after he smelt smoke and found that a mirror left on a window sill came close to causing a fire in his home.

"Thankfully the smouldering only affected the window frame – had there been material in the area the fire could have escalated very quickly."

To have your say on this story, use the comments section

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from Daily Post

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon