You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Ryan murder: Pradyuman's father writes to PMO, says school destroyed evidence

India Today logo India Today 19-09-2017 Ajay Kumar

Varun Thakur, the father of seven-year-old Pradyuman who was killed inside the Ryan Internatioanl School, Gurgaon, raised several questions over the district administration's intention following its decision to reopen the school. On Monday, he wrote to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) to intervene and sought closure of the school till the CBI starts probe in his son's murder case.

COMPLETE COVERAGE: Ryan school murder case

Thakur has serious apprehensions over destruction of evidences, if any, inside the school. He accused the Ryan management of destructing evidences with the help of students and staff immediately after the murder, and feared reopening the school would give it an opportunity to destroy further evidence before CBI takes charge of the investigation.

"The case has been transferred to the CBI, but it has not taken charge from Gurugram police. Therefore, there is a great chance of destruction of evidence as the same teaching and non-teaching staff would attend the school," Thakur said.

He pointed out that since the CBI is yet to take charge and visit the crime scene, it would not be wise to reopen the school at this stage.

"The district administration has reopened the school and if any kind of evidence is still intact, it could be destroyed by the real perpetrator. I have therefore written to the PMO to intervene and issue necessary directions to district officials," he said.

Later in the day, the deputy commissioner of Gurugram decided to shut the school till September 25. Sources said the decision was taken on the PMO's instruction. "We reopened the school after 10 days on Monday, but as Pradyuman's family strongly objected to it, we decided to close the school to address their concern and also undertake other safety measures," said Vinay Pratap Singh, deputy commissioner, Gurugram.

Meanwhile, the Gurugram SIT produced prime accused Ashok Kumar and two senior officials of Ryan International before the court, which sent them to judicial custody till September 29.

More From India Today

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon