You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

UP: Two men die of 'bhang' overdose on Shivratri

India Today logo India Today 13-03-2021 India Today Web Desk
a person lying on a bed

Two men died in Uttar Pradesh's Sambhal district due to over-consumption of 'bhang' and liquor, police said on Saturday.

Superintendent of Police of Sambhal Chakresh Mishra on Saturday said, "Some people in Simrai village under Gunnaur police station had consumed 'bhaang' in large quantity on Mahashivratri after which they also consumed liquor."

On Friday night, Manoj (28) and Nanhe (35) who had consumed 'bhaang' and liquor died.' The condition of another man is serious, and he is undergoing treatment at a hospital, Mishra said, adding that the matter is being probed.

He said the bodies of the deceased have been sent for post-mortem examination.

(With PTI inputs)

More from India Today

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon