You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Nawab Malik says he received threat call for targeting NCB's Sameer Wankhede

India Today logo India Today 22-10-2021 Sahil Joshi
Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Nawab Malik; Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) zonal director Sameer Wankhede. (Image: PTI) Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Nawab Malik; Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) zonal director Sameer Wankhede. (Image: PTI)

NCP leader Nawab Malik claimed on Friday that he received a threat call where a person warned him not to target Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) zonal director Sameer Wankhede.

Nawab Malik said a complaint has been filed over the threat call. The call was made from Rajasthan, he claimed.

The NCP leader, who had been launching attacks on Sameer Wankhede over the Mumbai drug bust case, had even targeted the latter's family. He earlier questioned, "During the Covid-19 pandemic, the entire film industry was in Maldives. What was the officer [Sameer Wankhede] and his family doing in the Maldives and Dubai?".

Nawab Malik alleged that "attempts were made to implicate certain people in false cases and that 'vasuli' (extortion) took place in Maldives and Dubai. He said he even has photographs to establish the same.

Responding to these allegations, Sameer Wankhede, zonal director of NCB's Mumbai unit, told India Today TV that his family was being attacked by Nawab Malik and he would take legal recourse in the matter.

"The minister is saying wrong things. It is an absolute lie. I went to the Maldives with my children for a vacation. I took proper permission from the competent authority for the same. I didn't meet anyone and I don't want to give any further clarification on these kinds of accusations. In December, I was in Mumbai, at the time when he said I was in Dubai. This can be investigated," said Sameer Wankhede.

This was not the first time Nawab Malik targeted the NCB or Sameer Wankhede. He went on to level allegations against Wankhede soon after the Mumbai drug bust case came to light.

Nawab Malik had earlier claimed that the alleged recovery of banned drugs from the cruise ship off the coast was "fake" and arrests were made just on the basis of WhatsApp chats.

However, Sameer Wankhede refuted all the allegations and said that everything was done legally. The NCB had then released a statement saying certain incorrect information had been shared on social media regarding Sameer Wankhede.

Watch Live TV in English

Watch Live TV in Hindi

More from India Today

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon