You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Cops allegedly involved in missing 'sabungeros' cases under restrictive custody —PNP

GMA News Online logo GMA News Online 23/03/2022 JOVILAND RITA,GMA News
a close up of a map: Graphics by Jannielyn Ann Bigtas Graphics by Jannielyn Ann Bigtas

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Wednesday said the cops who were allegedly involved in the disappearance of an e-sabong master agent in San Pablo City, Laguna are now under restrictive custody.

Interviewed on Dobol B TV, PNP spokesperson Police Colonel Jean Fajardo said investigators are expected to file complaints against these cops in the next few days.

“Inaasahan po natin sa mga darating na araw po ay maisasampa po natin ang kaso laban dito sa pulis na na-involve (We are expecting that the cases will be filed against these involved cops in the next few days),” she said.

“Sa ngayon po ay naka-restrictive custody po sila sa regional headquarters po ng Police Regional Office 4A po (For now these cops are under restrictive custody at the regional headquarters of PRO4A),” she added.

On Monday, the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group said it is preparing the complaints against the five policemen who are allegedly involved in the abduction of e-sabong master agent Ricardo “Jonjon” Lasco.

Four relatives of the online sabong "master agent" implicated at least two policemen in an alleged abduction case, which happened in August last year.

The relatives identified these cops as Patrolman Roy Navarete and Police Staff Sergeant Daryl Paghangaan.

Prior to the Senate hearing on the disappearances of over 30 cockfight enthusiasts, Fajardo said the cops have already been relieved from their posts over their alleged involvement in the incidents.

Aside from Navarete and Paghangaan, the PRO4A on Wednesday also identified Police Master Sergeant Michael Claveria as one of the involved cops.

PRO4A chief Police Brigadier General Antonio Yarra said he already ordered the relief of the three police personnel from their present assignments and had them transferred to the regional headquarters.

“We will make sure that all facts and information regarding this matter will be taken into consideration for the quick resolution of these cases and to give justice to the families of the missing victims,” he said.

Meanwhile, PRO4A said Yarra also instructed the police provincial director of Laguna, Police Colonel Rogarth Campo, to explain the P1 million he allegedly received from businessman Atong Ang as revealed during a Senate hearing.

Ang accused Campo of taking part in the supposed conspiracy against him by other online sabong stakeholders. —KG, GMA News

This article Cops allegedly involved in missing 'sabungeros' cases under restrictive custody —PNP was originally published in GMA News Online.

More From GMA News Online

GMA News Online
GMA News Online
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon