You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Duterte orders Luzon-wide 'enhanced community quarantine'

GMA News Online logo GMA News Online 3/16/2020 VIRGIL LOPEZ,GMA News
Rodrigo Duterte et al. in uniform sitting at a table: President Rodrigo Duterte on March 12, 2020 President Rodrigo Duterte on March 12, 2020

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday announced a lockdown of entire Luzon to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Malacañang said.

“PRRD [Duterte] just announced an enhanced community quarantine in the entire Luzon,” presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a message to reporters.

Based on the guidelines released by the Palace last Saturday, the government may implement an enhanced community quarantine.

Under this condition, strict home quarantine will be implemented in all households, transportation will be suspended, provision for food and essential health services will be regulated and the presence of uniformed personnel to enforce quarantine procedures will be heightened.

The Philippines has so far recorded 140 COVID-19 cases, including 12 deaths, according to the Department of Health. --KBK, GMA News

Photos: Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

More From GMA News Online

GMA News Online
GMA News Online
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon