You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

17 Home Projects You Should Never Try to DIY

Best Life Logo By Sarah Crow of Best Life | Slide 2 of 18: Removing a little chipped paint from your baseboards may seem like a simple enough job, but it could cause serious health issues if you're not careful. If your home was built before 1978—even if it's been largely remodeled—there's a good chance there is lead-based paint lurking somewhere, which can be poisonous when ingested or inhaled.Considering the "significant health risks associated with working with lead-based paint" and the preventative measures necessary to do this project safely, "a professional trained in lead paint management may be your best option," says Mark Scott, president of Mark IV Builders, Inc.

1. Removing chipped paint

Removing a little chipped paint from your baseboards may seem like a simple enough job, but it could cause serious health issues if you're not careful. If your home was built before 1978—even if it's been largely remodeled—there's a good chance there is lead-based paint lurking somewhere, which can be poisonous when ingested or inhaled.

Considering the "significant health risks associated with working with lead-based paint" and the preventative measures necessary to do this project safely, "a professional trained in lead paint management may be your best option," says Mark Scott, president of Mark IV Builders, Inc.

© Provided by Best Life

More From Best Life

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon