You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Diana Ross 'frightened' after false missile scare in Hawaii

BANG Showbiz logoBANG Showbiz 1/14/2018 Bang Showbiz
Diana Ross © Bang Showbiz Diana Ross

Diana Ross

Diana Ross has expressed her fear after she was involved in the false ballistic missile warning scare in Hawaii on Saturday (13.01.18).

The iconic singer was visiting the US state over the weekend when an emergency alert was issued which told of the threat of a ballistic missile, and urged everyone to "take immediate shelter".

Although a retraction message was sent out half an hour later claiming the threat had been a mistake, the 73-year-old singer was left "frightened" by the momentary panic which ensued.

Speaking to TMZ after she landed in Los Angeles later that same day, she said: "We had to evacuate ... yes and we were very frightened. We went to the basement of the hotel. We were positive. It was really scary. But we're home now and all is well."

The emergency alert was sent out to Hawaiian residents at around 8am local time on Saturday, and read: "Emergency Alert: BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL (sic)"

Half an hour later, a second alert read: "Emergency Alert: There is no missile threat or danger to the State of Hawaii. Repeat. False Alarm."

The 'I'm Coming Out' hitmaker wasn't the only star caught in the missile scare either, as actor Jim Carey took to Twitter to describe the ordeal as a "real psychic warning", and to hit out at the current political climate.

He wrote: "I woke up this morning in Hawaii with 10 minutes to live. It was a false alarm, but a real psychic warning. If we allow this one-man Gomorrah and his corrupt Republican congress to continue alienating the world we are headed for suffering beyond all imagination."

AdChoices
AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon