You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

William 'vows to push back against Harry and Meghan's bombshell Netflix series'

Metro logo Metro 12/4/2022 Gergana Krasteva
The Prince of Wales returned from his trip to the US on Saturday (Picture: Getty) © Provided by Metro The Prince of Wales returned from his trip to the US on Saturday (Picture: Getty)

Prince William is prepared to ‘fight back’ claims made in the ‘Harry & Meghan’ Netflix documentary, it has been reported.

A trailer for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s six-part docuseries was released earlier this week, offering a never-before-seen glimpse at the couple’s love affair.

Apart from details about their first meeting and their decision to begin a new life in California, it is expected to address the rift at the centre of the Royal Family.

No longer willing to let ‘inaccurate claims’ go unanswered, the Prince of Wales has allegedly instructed aides to comb through the bombshell show.

A source told the Sunday Express: ‘The Prince and Princesses’ team will wait to see what is in the Netflix series before deciding what to do, but you can see the direction of travel.’

Their comments come after a picture of William and Kate was included in the one-minute trailer.

The Royal Family have previously taken their time in responding to claims made by the US-based couple.

A picture of Harry and Meghan shared as part of the one-minute teaser (Picture: Netflix) © Provided by Metro A picture of Harry and Meghan shared as part of the one-minute teaser (Picture: Netflix) It features never-before-seen private photographs of the couple (Picture: PA) © Provided by Metro It features never-before-seen private photographs of the couple (Picture: PA)

But it is alleged William might quit the infamous ‘never complain, never explain’ mantra, and could ask his younger brother to ‘back off’.

Reports emerged this week the highly-anticipated documentary could be released as soon as December 8 but that has yet to be officially confirmed.

‘No one sees what’s happening behind closed doors,’ says the Duke of Sussex in an interview, as a photo of his wife crying while holding a cellphone is shown.

He then adds: ‘I had to do everything I could to protect my family.’

William and Kate visit the Harbour Defenses of Boston in Massachusetts (Picture: AFP) © Provided by Metro William and Kate visit the Harbour Defenses of Boston in Massachusetts (Picture: AFP)

Netflix published the teaser a day after yet another scandal shook Buckingham Palace.

Lady Susan Hussey, who was a close friend of the late Queen and is William’s godmother, resigned and apologised after repeatedly asking Ngozi Fulani, a British black charity boss, where she was ‘really’ from.

She is said to have made the comments during a grand reception at the palace.

At the time, the Prince and Princess of Wales were on their first day of a high-profile visit to the US.

Eight years ago, William and Kate were greeted by adoring crowds but this time, the couple was met with loud boos while attending a Boston Celtics basketball game.

Metro.co.uk has contacted Buckingham Palace for a comment.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more by signing up to Metro's News Updates newsletter

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from Metro

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon