You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Bojangles' near Charlotte remains closed after several workers test positive for COVID

The Charlotte Observer logo The Charlotte Observer 6/16/2020 By Sonia Rao, The Charlotte Observer

Several employees at a Bojangles’ restaurant in Monroe have tested positive for COVID-19, a Bojangles’ spokesman said Monday afternoon.

“We closed the restaurant on June 4 when we were informed of the first positive test,” said Brian Little, senior director of corporate communication for Bojangles’ Restaurants, Inc., in an email. “Additionally on June 4, we immediately deep cleaned and sanitized the location and partnered with a third party for professional disinfection.”

No re-opening date has been set yet for the store, Little said, and employees will be paid while the restaurant is closed. The Union County chicken-and-biscuits restaurant is at 2303 West Roosevelt Blvd.

In April, Bojangles’ stated on its website that all employees must complete a health assessment before they start each shift, and are prohibited from reporting to work if sick. The statement also said that all workers must wear masks and gloves, and there are Plexiglas shields installed in drive-thrus.

Bojangles’ was founded in Charlotte in 1977. Last year, the company was sold to two New York firms, Durational Capital Management and The Jordan Company.

Bojangles’ has approximately 750 restaurants in 13 states, the company said on its website. North Carolina has the most Bojangles’, with 318, followed by South Carolina with 135.

Correction: An earlier version of this story said the restaurant was planning to reopen this week.

———

©2020 The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C.)

Visit The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C.) at www.charlotteobserver.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

AdChoices

More from The Charlotte Observer

The Charlotte Observer
The Charlotte Observer
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon