You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Hazmat incident at Boise pool caused by accidental chemical mixing

KBOI Boise logo KBOI Boise 6/28/2021 CBS2 News Staff
a man riding on the back of a truck © Provided by KBOI Boise

The hazmat situation at a Boise pool Friday was started when two chemicals were accidentally mixed.

Boise Fire Department investigators determined the incident at the Fairmont Pool was the result of two pool chemicals being accidentally mixed during a service delivery. The accident happened at a nearby maintenance shed.

The reaction turned into a gas that caused several people in the area to feel sick. 

BFD says all 14 patients that were taken to the hospital were treated and released. 

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from KBOI Boise

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon