You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

U.S. Suburbs With Most New Apartments: 3 Colorado Spots Make List

Patch logo Patch 1/12/2021 Amber Fisher
a kitchen with a sink and a window: Suburban Colorado created around 21,700 new rentals since 2016, according to a new report. © Shutterstock Suburban Colorado created around 21,700 new rentals since 2016, according to a new report.

A new study looks at the suburbs in our nation with the most new apartments, and three Colorado spots made the list.

The pandemic brought a newfound appreciation for suburban America, especially among renters working from home, according to RentCafé, which conducted the study.

Around 21,700 new rentals have opened in Colorado since 2016, the report shows.

Longmont is the 18th suburb in the U.S. by number of apartments built since 2016 and the first in Colorado, according to the study. Around 2,154 new units were built in Longmont over the past five years.

Longmont is closely followed by Parker with 2,150 units, and Westminster with 2,133 apartments, the report shows. Parker is ranked No. 19 overall in the U.S., and Westminster is No. 20.

Don’t miss the latest news updates in Colorado. Sign up for free Patch news alerts and newsletters for what you need to know daily.

Since 2016, 93 percent of Colorado's suburban development was represented by garden-type buildings, according to RentCafé. The remaining 7 percent focused on mid-rise residential buildings.

"Colorado's booming suburbs are less than 30 miles away from urban cores, making them even more appealing for renters who want to enjoy a suburban lifestyle not far away from the city," the report says.

"For example, Longmont is just less than 20 miles outside of Boulder, while Westminster is 10 miles away from the Mile-High."

>> Read the full RentCafé study here.

AdChoices

More from Patch

AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon