You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Man fatally shot by Frederick Co. deputies after stabbing father to death, injuring mother

WJLA – Washington D.C. 11/29/2022 Ida Domingo & John Gonzalez
Frederick County deputies fatally shoot armed suspect after stabbing leaves 1 dead, 1 hurt
What to watch next

A man accused of stabbing his father to death and injuring his mother was fatally shot by Frederick County deputies early Tuesday morning, authorities said.

At approximately 2:12 a.m., Frederick County Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) deputies responded to the 5800 block of Haller Place for reports of a stabbing, according to Sheriff Charles "Chuck" Jenkins. 

Caption: The Frederick County Sheriff's Office gives an update after deputies fatally shot an armed suspect accused of stabbing his father to death and injuring his mother Tuesday morning, Nov. 29, 2022. (7News)

Jenkins said a woman called 911 to report that her brother was attacking their parents.

Authorities say when crews arrived on the scene, they found the mother and father both stabbed. The suspect's mother was found inside the home and was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma where she is in stable condition. The father, who was located outside the home, was transported to Frederick Health Hospital where he later died.

SEE ALSO | WATCH: 4 suspects break into auto dealership, drive off with 1 BMW and 3 Mercedes

While tending to the injured, three additional responding deputies encountered the armed suspect down the street. 7News was told that at some point a taser gun was used but three sheriff deputies ended up discharging their service weapons, killing the suspect. 

© Provided by WJLA – Washington D.C.

FCSO detectives say they located a knife on the scene and that the "inside of the home was a very violent crime scene."

The suspect's teenage sister who made the 911 was not injured, officials said.

FCSO is handling the homicide and Maryland’s Attorney General’s Office is investigating the police-involved shooting. At least three deputies have been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcome of the Attorney General‘s investigation.  Officials said their identities will be released in 48 hours. The deputies who discharged their firearms were not equipped with body-worn cameras, police said, but added that other officers on the scene were wearing body-worn cameras, which recorded portions of the incident. 

The Independent Investigations Division will generally release body camera footage within 14 days of an incident.

"This is a very large crime scene a pretty horrific crime scene. So we're limited to what we can answer. It's early in the investigation. We have a long way to go," said Jenkins.

The Maryland Attorney General’s Office Independent Investigative Division (IID), with assistance provided by the FCSO, will conduct the investigation into the three deputy’s actions, officials said. Both the homicide and the deputies-involved shooting remain an ongoing investigation.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon