You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

New details released on second shooter at Lancaster mall shooting: report

PennLive.com logo PennLive.com 10/20/2021 Becky Metrick, pennlive.com
© Becky Metrick | bmetrick/pennlive.com

Despite no formal charges being filed yet in the Park City Center mall shooting from this weekend, Lancaster City Police are releasing a few new details about those involved.

Police previously said the shooting on Sunday afternoon stemmed from a fight between a 16-year-old boy and two others, which led the teen to bring out a firearm and shoot.

A second person in the mall who heard the shots brought out his own legally carried firearm and fired.

On Tuesday, CBS21 reported that Lt. Glenn Stoltzfus said the second gunman is a man in his 50s and has been cooperative in the investigation. Although the man was legally carrying a gun, it is against mall rules to have one on-site.

So far, no one has been charged in connection with the shooting that injured six people, four from gunshot wounds. Police said two additional people were hurt when they tried to run away. All injuries were considered non-life-threatening.

Police told CBS21 that it would be up to the district attorney’s office whether or not the second shooter would be charged.

Stoltzfus said investigators have been reviewing evidence nearly non-stop since the shooting.

According to previously released information, the 16-year-old hit someone when he fired a gun and the second man fired his gun that hit one of the people in the fight.

Read more on PennLive:

AdChoices
AdChoices

More From PennLive.com

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon