You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Two women found dead four days after going missing in Utah mountain

Daily Mail logo Daily Mail 8/21/2021 Alyssa Guzman For Dailymail.Com
a woman holding a sign: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo

Two women were found shot and killed in the Utah wilderness after being 'spooked' by a man near their campsite then disappearing for four days.

Married couple Kylen Schulte and Crystal Beck were camping in the mountains of Moab, Utah, about a week ago when they reportedly vanished.  

Two bodies were discovered Wednesday night near the South Mesa area of La Sal Loop Road and police identified them as the missing women Thursday evening. The bodies were transferred to the state medical examiner's office. 

a woman talking on a cell phone: ( © Provided by Daily Mail ( a woman smiling and posing for the camera: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

The two reportedly were last seen on August 14 after telling close friends they moved campsites because they had been 'spooked' by a 'weirdo' man camping near them. 

Schulte's father Sean-Paul called for the Moab community to help find 'my girls' on August 17 in a Facebook post after not hearing from them.

He reported that the girls, 'Haven't been to work. Haven't called. Not in hospital. Not in Moab jail,' but police were searching for them.  

text: ( © Provided by Daily Mail ( graphical user interface, website: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Sean-Paul posted again a day later reporting the girls had been missing for four nights and days.


In an updated post, he begs Moab not to give up on finding his daughter's killer and asked them to interview everyone who was on the mountain. 

a body of water with a mountain in the background: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

He wrote: 'Moab. This is Kylen and Crystals dad. Please please 

'DO NOT STOP !!!!'

The sheriff's office released a statement saying they are looking into all avenues provided by those who come forward.

'We are currently following up with what comes to our attention during this investigation and will continue to be available to people to come forward with information,' the sheriff’s office told local NBC-affiliated television station KSL-TV.

The father reported that a person of interest had been questioned and released by police, but his daughter's killer was still out there.  

The family called Schulte the 'moon and the stars since the day she was born' on the GoFundMe page created to help Sean-Paul pay funeral expenses for the two women. 

The couple - who was recently married - spent a lot of time camping. 

Their aunt wrote on the GoFundMe page, 'They found their way from the best campsite to the next.'  

Read more

More From Daily Mail

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon