You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

VIDEO: Woman savagely beaten by homeless parolee in unprovoked attack inside Queens subway station: ‘Do you know how scared I am now?’

New York Daily News 9/29/2022 Thomas Tracy, Elizabeth Keogh, Emma Seiwell, Larry McShane, New York Daily News
Elizabeth Gomes is pictured Tuesday in her Queens home. © Harry Parker/New York Daily News/TNS Elizabeth Gomes is pictured Tuesday in her Queens home.

A shaken Queens straphanger — savagely punched and kicked by a homeless man who beat his grandmother to death as a teen — faced a daunting recovery of multiple surgeries Tuesday as she urged a maximum jail term in the terrifying attack.

“Really want this guy to go away for a long time,” said Elizabeth Gomes, whose injuries in last week’s unprovoked assault by the paroled killer left her in danger of losing sight in one eye. “Every day I wake up the same time as this attack happened, in fear.

“It’s just something that keeps replaying itself every time my eyes are closed.”

Her husband Clement said the mother of two small kids remained in constant agony and could barely walk one week after the beating inflicted by a total stranger with a hefty rap sheet — including a 1995 bust for the cold-blooded killing of his 82-year-old grandma.

“They had to stitch her eyeball back inside,” the husband said. “She’s on medication ... Everywhere hurts. Her right side hurts, her left side hurts. Her neck hurt, her right shoulder, her back, her left finger. She was feeling pain all over.”

The victim, who works private security at JFK Airport, recounted how she was approached by Waheed Foster aboard a Manhattan-bound A train in the early morning hours of Sept. 20, with the man trying to chat her up.

She ignored Foster, 41, and exited at the Howard Beach-JFK Airport station around 5:15 a.m — only to find the stranger stalking her from behind.

He quickly jumped the helpless victim in a caught-on-video assault, with a criminal complaint detailing how the unhinged Foster followed her up a staircase before smacking her with a bottle as Gomes struggled in vain.

Foster — dressed in a black muscle shirt, white pants and red shoes — grabbed the victim by her shirt and slammed her against the wall, with Gomes sliding to the ground as he began raining punches on the woman before stomping on her head, the complaint recounted.

Gomes, 33, told WABC-TV that the attacker was “talking about the devil” before the relentless assault began. He continued to bash her with the bottle, she recalled, and “he just seemed to attack me and kick me and punch me. And then slammed me into the (subway) booth.”

As the reeling security officer tried to stand, the suspect then kicked her another five times before walking away as Gomes was left lying in a pool of her own blood. Her injuries included the ruptured eye socket, heavy bleeding and multiple head wounds, police said.

Bystanders quickly rushed to her aid, with one reaching out to her mother by phone before she was taken to Flushing Hospital for treatment.

A week later, she still faces an arduous recovery from the myriad injuries.

“I can’t see anything on my right side, honestly, and it just hurts,” said the still-rattled victim.

Foster was taken into custody shortly after the attack by the Transit Bureau Robbery Squad and charged with multiple counts of assault “with intent to cause serious injury,” officials said. He’s on parole until 2024, court records show.

During an arraignment in Queens Criminal Court, a judge ordered him held without bail. The suspect’s most recent arrest came one month earlier, for an Aug. 21 incident in which he kicked in his sister’s apartment door in the middle of the night, officials said.

When he was just 14 and still in high school, Foster was arrested for beating his 82-year-old grandmother to death inside her Brooklyn apartment, police said. The lethal dispute came when Arrellia Mascha suspected him of stealing her money after taking the troubled teen into her home.

According to news reports at the time, the elderly victim suffered about 20 broken ribs and a lacerated liver before she was found lying dead on a sofa in her home.

Foster was convicted for the killing, though it was unclear how long he spent in prison. But he was busted six years later for stabbing his sister in the right hand with a screwdriver in a Rockaway apartment, a criminal complaint charged.

Court records show he’s done at least two other stints in prison. In 2002, he was sentenced to six years for robbery and criminal mischief. He also served four years in prison for an assault conviction in 2011.

Three women employees at the Creedmor Psychiatric Center sued the city in 2011 after the suspect attacked them with a knife during a terrifying rampage.

Foster currently has open cases in Manhattan and Queens for petty larceny, criminal possession of stolen property and criminal mischief.

©2022 New York Daily News. Visit Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon