You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Crews clear scene of Ashwaubenon fire

WLUK Green Bay 3 days ago FOX 11 News
© Provided by WLUK Green Bay

(WLUK) -- Crews have now cleared the scene of a structure fire at T. Bacon's BBQ on Holmgren Way.

Emergency crews were called to the scene just after 4 a.m. Saturday morning.

Fox 11 took photos of the scene just after 5 a.m. 

"I came in at three this morning and got everything put on the smoker," said T. Bacon BBQ owner Tom Bacon, "It's a water smoker so it's got to have water in it and it ran dry. The grease must have started on fire."

Bacon says the fire was outside on the side of the building. He says he tried putting it out himself but couldn't control it.

© Provided by WLUK Green Bay

The extent of the damage is not yet known.

Bacon says the smoker is valued at $18,000. He's hopeful it is still workable.

He says that T. Bacon BBQ is still open for business.

No one was injured.

We'll continue to provide updates as they become available.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon