You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Electrical fire takes lives of many animals at Arkansas petting zoo

KTHV-TV Little Rock logo KTHV-TV Little Rock 2/25/2022 THV11 Digital
UP NEXT
UP NEXT

Cockrills Country Critters, a petting zoo located in Austin, Arkansas, lost many of their animals to carbon monoxide poisoning after an electrical fire in the zoo's exotic barn.

The fire started in the reptile room, according to a post made on the petting zoo's Facebook page.

"I’m at a loss for words right now, I’m devastated. My babies, years of loving every moment, every memory, every picture of them," the post reads.

Animals lost include lemurs, cockatoos, prairie dogs, chinchillas, parakeets, hedgehogs, and several reptiles.

Kangaroos were unharmed due to being at home with the zoo's owner.

The post went on to say "Thank all of you for your prayers, help, and kind words.  I am overwhelmed with all the comments, love & support."

"If you could join us in prayer for healing and restoration that would be much appreciated. Thank you and God bless you all."

As Cockrills works through this tragedy, they say they do not have a donation link at this time. We will update this article whenever one is available.

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from KTHV-TV

KTHV-TV Little Rock
KTHV-TV Little Rock
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon